The Instructions are listed below the game. :
Quick start :
Set Jester's play time to make him weaker or stronger. (may use default settings) :
- number of seconds per move, or
- number of minutes per game, or
- K.O. game in x minutes with bonus time per move.
Select what color Jester plays.
Then click the [New Game] button to start a new game.
To play a move, click the piece you want to move and click the destination square.
Tip : Once you've started a game, you can go offline and finish the game.
Other buttons :
"Spy" mode :
Enabled : Jester will display his best variant.
"Turbo" mode :
Enabled : Jester will use the hash-table for playing his best possible game.
Hide white & black pieces :
These options allow you to play a half or full-blindfold game.
Variations of chess game :
- Standard : the standard chess game.
- One-Step-Beyond : white pawns are on the 3rd rank, black pawns
on the 6th rank.
- Vaureal Dawn : knights & bishops switch their initial
position on board.
- Crazy Horses : bishops are replaced by knights.
- Lethal Amazones : knights & bishops are replaced by queens.
- Throne of chaos : like a Fischerandom game.
Edit mode :
- Click the [Modification] button to enter the edit mode. Select a piece
with [Select Piece] button and click on the square to place the piece.
When done, click the [Modification] button to leave edit mode.
Then, click [New game] button to start a game with the new position.
White side always plays first.
Take back last played move. Not allowed in K.O. game.